March 15, 2013

Simply Pretty : Amanda Mae Photography Washington Senior Photographer

Welcome to Simply Pretty!

Im so happy that I was finally able to finish up these gorgeous images I took awhile back. I wanted to give a little back story on how and why I came up with Simply Pretty.

Sometimes we run into maybe a rut, or someone said some things about you, or you just arent feelin' like yourself; never the less in those times I usually tend to become introvert and consistently check myself and even at times speak harsh to myself about "what I did, what I didnt do, what I could've done better" and it goes on and on. Lately, I've decided that I am no longer listening to that ugly little voice that always some how tries to be little me (no pun intended because IM SHORT! lol). And through that Simply Pretty was born.

Several weeks ago, I was, I guess what you would call "in a rut". Every where that I had turned to find some sort of "self confidence" (cause yes, Im almost 30 and I still deal with having self confidence lol), I was trying to find confidence or validation in myself by the things I did, I said and what other's thought about me. Was I good?! Am I good? Do they like me?! lol and It seemed to be attacking me from all sides, my personal life, with my dad, questions about being a good mommy, from myself not stepping into that place where I was with Him.....I felt the only way I was able to find confidence in myself was in my photography and then it hit, like a ton of bricks, my photography was being attacked as well. Though I knew those words didnt matter, though I addressed said situation, that was just the cherry on top of my hurting/self confidence issues/need to lose weight/all the things you could possibly say to yourself to drag yourself down ICE CREAM (yes I would use Ice Cream because Im starving for some sugar DANG IT!). It was like that one last line of defense I had to where I could find some sort of validation and confidence in myself was my photography and that didnt even stand a chance.

It wasnt until I really opened my eyes or rather He open my eyes to see that I was seriously and slowly becoming numb to Him. It took every part of where I valid and put my self worth to realize that, my self worth doesnt lie in what I do, how I talk, what I say, how I look or what other people think about me; but rather where my heart is, how I keep my promises, how I love and generally letting go, which is so freakin' hard to do sometimes because lets face it, I know Im not the only one that wants to retaliate sometimes lol. I was seriously becoming a zombie and it felt like my joy was slowly rotting away from the lifeless eyes that I was beginning to have fog over. And YES IM A WALKING DEAD FAN! lol....DARYL. I LOVE YOU! Anyway....

 I just felt like I needed to do something. I needed to bring some sort of refreshness to me, even to my photography. I decided I wanted to do something that I felt pretty, because I'll be honest, I haven't felt pretty, I wasnt feeling pretty and I didn't think I was pretty (sometimes I still get that way).  I wanted to capture a picture that you would just say "thats just really pretty!". If I could'nt feel it then by george I was ganna create it!

If I can encourage you.....GIVE YOURSELF A BREAK! lol Seriously, I think that we are so awful to ourselves sometimes lol. From harsh words rolling over and over in our heads to consistently telling ourselves we are fat and yes I did that today but whatever! lol. I just want to say that our words really do bring life and take it; so why not speak amazing things about yourself to yourself. You are so worth it! There was a song that was my anthem in some of my "single days" lol and it is just two words "WORTH IT" Its ganna be worth it all. And as I tell you, I tell myself, sometimes life isnt pretty but that doesnt mean we aren't pretty.

I dont know where Im going or what Im going to be doing or how I'll get there; but one thing is for sure....He is allowing me this amazing opportunity to do what I love, and that is something that I'm totally thankful for. I know that through everything I've been through, He sees me as me and who He created me to be and thats....Simply Pretty.




3 comments:

  1. love love love love LOVE! :-) fabulous work, fabulous post! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a powerful post. I'm glad to know that you're coming out of your funk and starting to see the gifts that you have and bring to others. This session you created above is more that pretty - its truly lovely. It speaks volumes about what you see and how you perceive the world around you. Don't let your internal critic stop you. Like the new Pink Song - Try - "Just because it burns, doesn't mean you gonna die, you gotta get up and try..."

    I too, have a critic and at times it hard to quite it. But the first thing to do is recognize it and then tell it to shut up.

    ReplyDelete